The Asphalt Zipper® patented Versa-Mount universal bucket mounting system enables easy connection to the widest possible range of loaders. Easy to read and access controls and gauges along with active-hydraulic depth control and top hatch make it simple to use and maintain. Computer engineered cutter heads with replaceable bullet-head carbide tipped cutting teeth produce pulverized material with exceptional gradation that can be reused as road-base or back-fill. Street patches, full road repairs, base stabilization and opening utility trenches in asphalt are just a few of its many uses. The AZ-500B transports easily on its own custom trailer behind a one-ton pickup truck.
The Asphalt Zipper has a variety of applications allowing for versatile projects. The same machine allows us to undertake the following following methods of reclaimation of old or broken asphalt:
- Full Depth Reclamation (FDR)
- Utility Trenching
- FDR with Soil Stabilisation
- Gravel Roads
- Parking Lots
- Shoulder Stabilisation
- Bridge Decks
Technical features of the machine:
- Operating width of 4 feet / 1.2 meters.
- Can mill up to a depth of 12 inches / 300 millimeters in a single pass.
- The Zipper can reclaim approximately 500 square meters an hour when reclaiming at a depth of 100mm.
- It has a Cummins engine running on Diesel fuel.
- The AZ-500B transports easily on its own custom trailer and can be transported quickly to any location.
Benefits of using the Asphalt Zipper for Reclamation
- Inter-locking grooves, binds 25% stronger, prevents cracking, more water resistant patch that is less prone to slip.
- Cost effective solution with savings of up to 40% and almost a third of the time, in comparison with traditional methods.
- Permanent repair, ensures consistent depth reclamation.
- Quantification and quality control processes are transparent.
- Prepares the existing road asphalt for easy recycling.
Asphalt Zipper® attachments virtually eliminate saw-cutting, chunking, loading, hauling and dumping fees. The zipped / pulverized material can be reused as base or backfill right on site.
A 300 foot utility trench can take 4 to 6 hours to saw-cut then another 4 to 6 hours to chunk, excavate, load, haul, dump, etc. 1 to 2 days with all the equipment and crews VS about 20 minutes to pulverize the same trench into re-usable material.